I think I’m the queen of procrastination.
I’m currently in the process of writing an ebook on holistic approaches to managing menopausal symptoms. I started last week. All I have is an introduction..which isn’t even finished yet.
And when I went to work on it yesterday, I decided to fluff about with the cover instead.
And when I tried to work on it last night, I decided to watch reality TV instead.
And when I tried to work on it this morning, I went online shopping instead.
And even right now, instead of working on it, I’m writing this blog.
My friends have been lovely and are saying nice things like ‘you’ll get to it when you’re ready’, ‘but the cover is just as important’, and ‘at least you’ve started’, and I know they have well intentions, but I think I need a serious kick in the butt.
Has this ever happened to you?
Well, for me, this needs to stop. And if you’re on the same boat, here are some tips on how to stop procrastinating.
1. Write a list. It makes your tasks more official and important, and the satisfaction of crossing something off your list is just bliss.
2. Break it down. Big tasks can be daunting. So break it down into smaller chunks. For me, I might write 1 tip per day, instead of tackling the entire ebook in one go.
3. Remove yourself from any distractions. Relocating to another workspace might shift your mindset and eliminate any distractions that are slowing you down.
4. Buddy up. If you are doing something that is similar to someone else, you’ll be more motivated to work.
5. Don’t try to be perfect. Just get the important stuff done, the rest will fall into place and you can always tweak it later.
Hope the work!
Have a great weekend